Vista Prices Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont get it. what if u buy osx, would it run? o and after about 2 hours of looking at macs on the inet, and finding a guy who made a case out of legeos, i might get a mac, but if i do, i want it to run windows. so as ive understood from what ive read so far, windows will only work on the newer apples with a intel processor, tho i might be wrong. has anybody tried to run windows(ne version) on an older mac, like a imac, or a powerpc?

yeah dude, its really ****ing slow, because its an emulation program, so we're talking not even CS 1.5, were taking about converting M$ wor d documents and thats it!

There was a M$ sponsored program called Virtual PC, which was pretty cool, but there'd be no way in heck u could run any 3D game.

na i was jus gonna use it for school stuff and whatnot, main reason i like em is that the pc and monitor are in the same package. on second thought...my grandma got a 533mhz p3 gateway flatpanel 1024*768 12ms with upgradeable pci graphics on her desk crappin out(case fan goin) so i might set her up on a new pc(she dont got enough hd space, pc too slow) so i might make a pc for her, take all the stuff on the 6gb on there and put it on an 80, load that up for her run xp on it, and see if i can get vista to run on it(lol....right)well neways, back on topic...VISTA!!!... i say wait for about a year or so for prices to drop, and for all the bugs to be worked out, then buy, but i aint controlling that wallet of urs, but same scenario with xp, first came out, expensive as ****, lots of probs, had to wait for sp1 to come before it actually could run a prog with out bsod, then with the advent of sp2, the prices dropped to like, what 150? hmm. i say get vista *think limes* about 4 months after its release in jan(or is it feb now? used to be dec...)and use the money for the system itself

EDIT: about the mac thing again. can a mac run linux? that got some simalarities to windows

I've been waiting to build my mobo for a couple of years now, so i'm not going to wait any longer... When my birthday comes around February 20th I'm getting Home Premium and my AM2 mobo.....

thats just me.....

u might be able to install linux through DOS (good luck if its running on a mac), but i couldn't see why u couldn't triple boot... **** that'd be sweet

i can imagine it now...get an apple, parents go into room, expecting to see old gray apple, then BOOM blue and green takbar! or atleast a dos-prompt if not linux. but for what ive read, linux has versions for apple(yellowdog) that work. just a thought tho, cause i got a powerpc in my spare room with a bad hdd, might try later, if i can get one to work with it(peice of crap wont go higher than 10gb, and my next biggest is 3gb, but its too loud to even bother

dude, a power PC won't be worth it because it'll have to emulate for an intel infrastructure.........

the mac mini's like $500 or $600, and its a dual-core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom