Help- very desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being system files, I would probably do a restore as recommended above. You can also get Emergency Undelete which I believe can sometimes restore files that were deleted before you install the Emergency Undelete software.

Hedda Lora

well, what he's doing above is restoring the registry strings. scanreg /restore doesn't replace any lost dll's, you'd have to extract them from the cabs. However, seems like everything is functioning fine, except the cd drive. As far as emergency undelete, damn... if it can do that? Are you sure on that one? Dont know how it could if it has no way of comparison for corrupted or missing files on a ghost or image or however it would do it. If it can, then let me know! It would be worth having.

I found this on their site:

The CD-ROM and downloadable versions of Undelete include Emergency Undelete, a unique tool used to recover accidentally deleted files and directory folders before you've installed the full Undelete product.

Since the installation of any software can overwrite accidentally deleted files, Emergency Undelete runs directly off your CD-ROM or floppy disk drive, installing no files at all onto your disk drive.

Hedda Lora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom