Always wondered about tv tuners

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwayneDays

In Runtime
First off what do they do, is it display your cable on your monitor?

ANyway to get High Def or dont monitors and or tv tuners have that yet.

Will I need anything special or just an open pci e or pci slot?

What branda would you recomend

I just got a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 for $50 off newegg and it works great. Amazin quality and the program is very easy for me to use. The General recommended it to me. I'd deffinantly recommend it or the higher/more expensive versions of the card.

Do you just hook your cable up to it? The one I picked said HD would I be able to take advantage of that

I think you can only use HD with an HD moniter/tv, but i'm not totally sure. And yea i just hook my cable right up to it. I have my gamecube and DVD player hooked up to it, but, like someone on XS said, it has to go through a decoder first so there is a delay between the controller and the game and the audio is ahead of hte video on the DVD player (although i play my DVDs with my comp anyways). But for TV the work great. They have an A/V to VGA adapter on ebay if you wanted something for that

i think its more about your computer rather than the actual tv tuner... just a guess though

im sure a nicer tv tuner would be faster.... or thats my educated guess

yea it might be the computer too. I'll let u kno, i was runnin my X2 3800+ at stock now i'm startin to OC so i'll see if the delay disappears or lessens.

I get no delay with mine, and it was only $20...

but if I ever buy another I will make sure to get an hd compatable one and perhaps mce certified to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom