Problem with Graphics Card can't re-enable

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4rumi

Solid State Member
I recently bought a PC and it came with a GeForce 7300 GS. I wanted to add three monitors so I plugged in my old Radeon 9200SE. I installed that driver into my computer, but now I cant use my 7300 GS. When I right click/ properties/ Settings I get a MSG saying "The currently selected graphics display drier can not be used. It was written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible with this version of Windows.

I can now only use my 9200 SE and only 2 monitors. Even though it shows that its enabled in my Device Manager page. How do I solve this problem?

Thanks
Narumi

Is your 9200SE a PCI card? If the motherboard is SLI it will not work sicne they have to be identical Cards.

If you can supply us with more information (mobo perhaps? and also what slots the two cards are PCI-E and PCI/AGP) then we should be able to help a bit more.

yea, it will be PCI i expect.

(an aside note, my friend ran a 7800GTX and an X300SE in 2xPCI-E ports, non SLI mode, and was able to run monitors of each ;) )

PCI and i have a Gigabyte GA - 945 motherboard i think. its the duo core motherboard. ONly has 1 pci E slot , thanks for helping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom