Looking to get rid of corsair ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say just keep that, performance should be fine with those timings.

And if you want to go 2GB, get a matched set with the same or better timings, otherwise you will notice some performance decrease. Even if the decrease will only be noticible from benchmark results, and not from everyday use.

Yes, if the timings are tighter you will see an increase in performance. But you'll only see it in higher benchmark scores, and not in games or any other Windows related programs.

ok so i want to upgrade to OCZ from TD and I want 2gigs with better timings

I can only support DDR right not 2?(thats weird doesn't ddr2 pwn just ddr?)

Higher timings better?

No, the lower the numbers, the better. So try to get a set of DDR400 with timings like 2-2-2-5 or something. But I'm warning you, except for the fact that RAM with those timings are expensive, the difference is almost imperceptible. Personally, I wouldn't bother. The increase in performance would be 98% due to the fact that you have more RAM, and 2% because of better timings. But it's your money.........

dude just get another gig or cosair ram. expensive ram wont make your computer faster.

value ram = expensive ram. at stock settings.

Actually, using four sticks is slower than using two. And not all value RAM is good (Corsair is, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom