PC133 memory repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yes and no. Sure, anythings possible......but do you really want to get down with another memory module and a soldering iron???? Not really...
The first thing that I would do is obtain a RAM diagnostic tool from SimmTester and find out if it's bad. Or, perhaps you have the memory located in a different slot than needed? If all else fails, PC133 is VERY cheap. And you'd be able to replace this piece of hardware for under $30.

-Mike

i just wanna try if it still repairable. i just wanna clear out that question in my mind. soldering and desoldering is not a problem for me. what's the common problem on memory if can't be detected?

thanks for the link.

i know it's cheap but i just wanna know if it's repairable. buying a new one is not a problem. knowing the cause of the problem is important for me.

I recomment running that software Mike recommended, Simmtester, it will locate any problems if any.

What you are trying to do is possible but it costs allot of money to buy the necessary equipment. You can buy a special tester where you plub in the memory card but again, its very expensive and not worth it unless you are a ram vendor.

Uh, If it truely is the memory module, no you can not repair it. The eeprom is the SPD chip and it tells the BIOS what the settings need to be. This is the only thing on the module that would cause it to not be seen by the system. You will not be able to find another one and it would take way too much time. Now there could be a problem with your slot. Swap the modules around or try a different module in that slot to see if the slot is recognizing the memory. If the slot does not see either module then you have a slot issue. Once the module has been found to be bad, find the nearest round file and file it away. No physical repair possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom