lights are on but no-ones home

Status
Not open for further replies.

08bell20

Solid State Member
my pc turns on, case fans start, cathode kit lights up, everything seems normal. but its dead

there is no video, no alarms or anything. the usual "beep" that occurs when my pc boots has stopped aswell. the power button also now does nothing even when holding it down, it has to be turned off at the mains. its completely dead, any ideas?

heres the spec, not that i think it will matter but oh well

amd athlon 64 3500 (running at 2.8ghz rather than 2.2 standard)
nvidia ge-force 6600
2 ide hdds
1.5gb ram

any help would be greatly appritiated

thanks alot

chris

Hi chris, this probably won't be of much help, but it's worth a try. My pc has done the same thing a couple of times in the past, and it seems it is because I have a dodgy connection somewhere with my power socket. Try fiddling around with the power plug - not while it's turned on ;) - try taking the plug out and putting it back in a few times. I usually have to ram mine in really hard for it to work. Just don't go crazy and do damage to it though :p

how do i do that while the pc is in its currant state? it was running really really cool, and has been doing for the past 3 months, even under heavy load. the ridiculous zalman fatal1ty fan works well.

take the cmos battery out of the motherboard for 5 minutes, then put it back in, and try and boot. this will clear the overclocking settings, and bring it back to default. see if that does anything.

For a second there by the title I thought you were talking about me... LOL Anywho... :p HOw long have you had the chip OC'd?? you may have burnt it out.

for a while now, i measure the tempereatures very carefully, and have never ever had any problems with it. cos it be something thats burnt out on my graffix card or motherboard?

just cause you've never had problem with it, doesn't mean it's not wearing down quicker due to the OC... but yes it could be something with the mobo or GPU... can you swap the GPU to test that one?

i can do yes il have to wait and borrow a grfx card off a friend, thanks for the help il let you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom