will this work (reply quickly please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win2kpatcher said:

First the drives must be of the same platforms..SATA to SATA or IDE to IDE..

I found that with testing I could not for the life of me get an image copied from an IDE to SATA or vice versa to boot..I tried many differnt options all with the same results. So if they are the same interface I say do it :)

I didn't have any success either

I think he need to hit f6 and load his sata drivers via floppy

well... i dont think he does? if windows 98 will install on it, then XP shoud, unless he installed 3rd party drivers for the 98 installation, but not the XP one.

have you checked that the disc works, on another harddrive?

joshd said:
well... i dont think he does? if windows 98 will install on it, then XP shoud, unless he installed 3rd party drivers for the 98 installation, but not the XP one.

have you checked that the disc works, on another harddrive?

most people would have mentioned that they hit f6 and loaded the floppy if they had done that in these circumstances.

with every sata hdd you need to hit f6 and load the floppy.

yes, i hit F6 to load the drivers, then i hit S for specify additional device, then i hit enter since my floppy is now working. Gives me two options:
  • NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER (required)
  • NVIDIA nForce Storage Controller (required)
Ive now tried both of these and they both give me an error which says:
File nvraid.sys caused an unexpected error (4103) at line 2113 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c

Press any key to continue
im now on the seagate website trying to get their floppy and hopefully that works.

EDIT: i ran it but i had already installed linux on it so thats a problem (seagate diskwizard). I am wiping it with killdisk so i found it off google so hopefully that will work. then ill try it again. i hate windows yet i need it for so much.

yah, got it work work, after i wiped it with KillDisk, i then used DiskWizard which worked great and then i put xp in the dvd drive, booted up and it all went well.

welsh said:
yes, i hit F6 to load the drivers, then i hit S for specify additional device, then i hit enter since my floppy is now working. Gives me two options:
  • NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER (required)
  • NVIDIA nForce Storage Controller (required)
Ive now tried both of these and they both give me an error which says:

im now on the seagate website trying to get their floppy and hopefully that works.

EDIT: i ran it but i had already installed linux on it so thats a problem (seagate diskwizard). I am wiping it with killdisk so i found it off google so hopefully that will work. then ill try it again. i hate windows yet i need it for so much.

at first glance there look like there are only 2 drivers on that floppy. there are 6-8 drivers. use the down arrow to find the rest of the drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom