New Budget Computer ($1k)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was more concerned with the overcloackablity features of the motherboard. I already know the Core 2 Duo overclocks well. Will my Ram be up to par for good overclocking?

Sadly enough I do not overclock so I do not have any info for the overclock part for you, but I must admit the C6300 is a VERY nice chip for the price, I do not have it myself but I am going to be in the process of selling myh current machine to some kids I know in high school at the moment then purchase a 6300 or 6400 with a decent Mobo and probably a 7900GT.

Basically, if you can handle it I would go with the Conroe, will be in use long after the X2 dies out.

P.S. I went from a 2001 HP computer I purchased which came with a Geforce 4 which I upgraded to a Geforce 5200 my brother gave me to my current rig, Man, no telling what two generations of video cards do for you lol.

JoshSB said:
Sadly enough I do not overclock so I do not have any info for the overclock part for you, but I must admit the C6300 is a VERY nice chip for the price, I do not have it myself but I am going to be in the process of selling myh current machine to some kids I know in high school at the moment then purchase a 6300 or 6400 with a decent Mobo and probably a 7900GT.

Basically, if you can handle it I would go with the Conroe, will be in use long after the X2 dies out.

P.S. I went from a 2001 HP computer I purchased which came with a Geforce 4 which I upgraded to a Geforce 5200 my brother gave me to my current rig, Man, no telling what two generations of video cards do for you lol.

why don't you overclock?

Prehaps Im blind or scanned too quickly, But I didn't see a PSU Listed or any Fans or anything cooling related listed.

How many fans come with that case?

Remember, The Power supply and cooling system are the two most important items to consider when Building a computer.

massacreinfallx said:
maybe he already has all of that covered, and just wanted advice on the main components?

Prehaps so, never hurts to ask.
Double checking is always a good idea.

Anyways you might want to get one or two more fans.
(If the case has open slots)

why dont your lower some of those parts and get a 7900gt or gtx. like get 1 gb of ram and get a lower motherboard. can u post the prices of thoses parts plz. you will be able to run games better with a 7900gt then a 7600gt. the only game that uses 2gb of ram is bf2.

He wants to do photo editing and 3d rendering so 2gb would help alot. The only game he listed was WOW and that will easily run at max with a 7600gt.
He could update to a dx10 card later if he wants more gaming power.

I do intend to upgrade my gpu to dx10 when it becomes available. Reconsidering my build, I think I will go with the e6600 and the mobo mentioned above, if it will handle overclocking well. That way my cpu/mobo/ram will be of great quality, and my gpu can hold me over until next summer, when dx10 cards aren't costing me a small fortune. I don't want to drop to much money on a card that I will only use for about 6-8 months at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom