Overclocking a pentium 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

Solid State Member
hi, i want to overclock my current cpu, this is the current setup,

cpu: pentium 4 2.66ghz sck 478

mobo: asus p4vm800 sck 478 mobo

actually i never overclocked a cpu, but exactly do i have to run through the bios and overclock from the voltage inside there or u ppl use a kind of external program?

10x

can any of you guys direct me to a guide of how to overlcok a cpu, i'm a n44b @ overclocking

XD

bone said:
can any of you guys direct me to a guide of how to overlcok a cpu, i'm a n44b @ overclocking

XD

With that said, I would not attempt it. You can ruin a processor easily if you dont know what your doing.

there's always a first time, anyway if i ruin the pc i'm going to buy another one XD I need to learn how to overclock on this crap before overclocking the conre so if any guides or help can be given i appreciate 10ks

=]

i suggest you wait untill you get the other and then overclock your current rig, just so if it stops working you'll have your new one

At the top of the page you are on now (Overclocking and Case Mods), there is a sticky that reads "Overclocking basics". Have you read through that yet? Have you used the search function on the forum?

well i think one of the important things for you to remember in this case is to not raise your processor's voltage above 1.7v, in fact leave a little bit of overhead i.e. one or two settings below 1.7v. i'm guessing your P4 is a Northwood which would mean it has a problem commonly called NDS or Northwood Death Syndrome. basically if you run it at 1.7v or higher for a prolonged period of time you'll kill it

another question, i went in the bios,

advanced -> cpu configuration ->

Cpu Host Frequency [auto]; {can be changed to manual}
Actual Frequency [133]; {which can be increased}

so basically this is the cpu's fsb? and i have a cpu of 2667 mhz so does this mean that the multiplier is like 20.07...

133 x [strong]20.07[/strong]= 2.66

so basically i have to increase the fsb?

or did i completely mis understood everything??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom