New Conroe build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Hey guys when i first got here i was all onto AMD but then i started reading about the Core 2 Duo and it is much better so here is a spec with one.

Core™2 Duo E6300, 1066Mhz, s775, 2MB Cache
Gigabyte GA-945P-S3- RH
512MB TwinMOS x2 ( Will be upgrading to 2GB in 1 month)
Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 512MB, 2xDVI, VIVO, PCI-E
80GB 7200RPM, 8MB, SATA II (will be using my old IDE too)
Supertalent CA-601UFK Black
RockeTeer III 500W Silent (24pin)

Tell me what you guys think im not using Corsair RAM cause i aint overclocking and i will be using my old CD Drives.

Preacher

I recomend waiting 1 month and buying the 2gb i did the same thing and still have 1gb :(...
Your system seems fine as far as i can see.. maybe get a bit of a better duo.. becaus ei mean thats bottom of the range.. u could get a really good amd system on 939?.. but its k..

I wont wait because in 1 month its my B-day so i will be getting that memory for sure! and the E6300 did better then 4600 AMD in most games so i wont be getting a E6400 and i dont have the money anyways

Thanks

Thanks i just need to wait for my cousin to come back from india lol hes all wandering around the world cause hes buying one like this too.
1 week untill he returns :)

how big is ur current IDE hdd.. casue ide is **** as in a new system i mean sata2 is much nicer i reckon faster speeds and stuff.. + u might want more space.. u can get 300gb hdd quite cheap

If you are only getting 1GB of RAM now, and a gig next month, I suggest you buy a single 1GB stick instead of 2x512MB sticks. It makes more sense to do it that way, plus you keep RAM slots free for if you intend to upgrade the RAM later.

Supports dual channel DDR II 667/533/400 DIMM - that was written on specs of the motherboard so i think it supports only dual channel i heard on intel the preformance goes down by 30 percent dont know if it is true i would like some help in the motherboard catogory here

Thanks

Preacher

Something supporting dual-channel does not mean you have to get a dual-channel setup for it to work at all.

That mobo will work perfectly with only one 1GB stick of RAM, trust me on this! :D

Also, I suggest getting the Gigabyte DS3, and not the S3. They are both good, but if you can afford the one with solid capasitors, why not, eh? :D

Well thanks for the info when ill order everything ill ask the store about the 1GB stick... and i dont have enough money for the DS3 :(
I think i will go with 1 stick of 1GB after all sounds better for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom