AMD 3200+ at 225mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust, Ive been doing that for the past week. Asking the forums for some more indepth 1 on 1 details.

If you can't run a memory divider, I would bump the CL to 3, and bump yoiur ram voltage to about 2.7. After that see if bumping up the voltage of your CPU a lot, I seem to notice that whenever i put it at like 1.5V in the bios, It's only at like 1.4V in windows according to cpu-z and everest :confused:.

Do you have PCI lock and PCIE16 locked to.. just a thought

Ok I read some guides that say by dividing your ram and cpu, you can OC your cpu higher?

If I lower my DDR400 to DDR333 I can go higher, but wont that make my ram slower?

Am I sacrificing something by slowing down the ram or am I improving?

You are slowing down the RAM, but when you increase the FSB, you increase the speed of the RAM. The speed of your RAM is increased along with the FSB. So if you set the RAM on a 333MHz divider, running with a FSB of 230, your RAM will be running at something like 185 or somewhere in that region. By increasing the FSB more, at some point the RAM will be running at 200MHz again, but the CPU will be running 400MHz faster than it does at stock. QED!

I know you read the OC guide, but I suggest you read some more, it seems you're not 100% up to speed on what factors are involved in overclocking.

Yea I just read some other forums on overclocking and am understanding more of it now! =]

At first I OC'ed my 3200 to 270mhz and 1.50v. It ran fine for about 5 mins after windows loads, then it just locks up and freezes.

So I downed it to 260mhz and 1.440v and running a toture test at the moment. So far so good.

Do you guys think it is safe that I put my cpu voltage to 1.440 or should I bump it up or lower it?

Cpu temps = 40c-43c at full load.

Cpu temps = 30c-32c at idle.

Those temps are perfect, slow down when your load temps go above 50C. I believe someone here said that it's safe to give the Venice cores as much as up to 1.6V safely, but I don't think I'd go that high 24/7. I usually stop at about 1.55V, when my nerve fails.

At 260 FSB, what speed is your RAM running now?

I believe its 216.6MHz.

Its shown as frequency using CPU-Z right?

I have x2 1gb Ram so shouldnt it be reading it as dual and be at 433.2?

cpuzcc8.jpg

Its joined in with your processor, when you up your FSB, your RAM goes with it, becuase its an AMD it has its own memory controller, so its all linked up together, quite nicely whereas Intel uses an external Mem Controller, which needs a seperate bus for it.

Ruan

P.S. This is how I understand, forgive me if im worng, and correct me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom