Computer feezes when playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. tech

In Runtime
My computer sometimes freezes when I play games. I never had this problem until I reformatetd my PC. It used to happen even when I wasn't playing games but that seems to have stopped now.

Any ideas?

What games do you try to play and what are the specs of your PC?

After reformatting did you get all your driver?

Halo & Battlefirld 2... I've got a Pentium 4 2.8GHz with 1.5GB ram, 256MB graphics card...

I think I installed all the drivers... How do I tell?

Hm.. Is this a complete freeze and you need to force pc shutdown?

I'm not really sure what could be the cause of this but I faced a very similiar problem to this 2 months back with my older pc. It could be your pc temp getting too high, or too much dust inside the pc. I take it your pc is fairly old?

When you were installing windows did it come up with any errors installing all the .dll or .cab files part, if so run windows registry to fix it, my comp was freezing to and you couldnt do anything but restart it, and the windows registry program found errors in my windows installation and it fixed it now it runs like a charm

My PC is a few years old.

Where do I obtain a copy of "windows registry"? I did a search in Google and it come up with registry guides...

You can check if you installed your drivers by going to My computer> right click properties > hardware > device manager
The ones with yellow question mark means it hasnt been detected or installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom