Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My OC passed priming for a day, I don't feel like priming anymore because I already know it is stable. I'm thinking of upgrading to a 6400 sometime soon or maybe even a 6600, but that is until I can find a Shuttle that supports Core 2. Then I'll put the 6300 in the shuttle.

RockyZ said:
alright, here we go, 400x7 on my e6300, thats 2.8GHZ.

Everything is stock voltage too!

20 seconds super pi!

overclock.jpg

priming right now for stability, but here I am posting on the forums and running super pi on the very computer. I love this computer!

What cooling are you using?

The General said:
http://gskill.de/product_sp2650.html

The timings aren't read right, dunno why. It's actually cas 5 as far as I know.
Bah, I didn't realize you had HZ's, you need to get those things rockin'. Those sticks will do DDR2-1000 without breaking a sweat. They can go well past it TBH. At this point, your not even running them to spec.

Do some tweaking to get more out of those things, they're going to waste! :p Maybe lower multi like I mentioned above, change mem divider, something.

I'm 99% sure they use D9's, which can do high speeds at fairly tight timings, and are also pretty responsive to volts. I would at least be trying to run them at something like DDR2-1000 4-4-4-12.

wow, im ordering a system with an e6300 this week, I'll start OC'ing sometime a week after, once im sure i put everything together right. I don't have as much to spend, so im going with the ECS C2D motherboard, and someone responded that it wont let you raise fsb above 333. Is that gonna really hold me back? or can i just go with a higher multiplyer? Im new to OC'ing so i don't really know. And im going with OCZ gold 2x1gb 800 mhz ddr2.

spartan1121 said:
wow, im ordering a system with an e6300 this week, I'll start OC'ing sometime a week after, once im sure i put everything together right. I don't have as much to spend, so im going with the ECS C2D motherboard, and someone responded that it wont let you raise fsb above 333. Is that gonna really hold me back? or can i just go with a higher multiplyer? Im new to OC'ing so i don't really know. And im going with OCZ gold 2x1gb 800 mhz ddr2.

if you're OCing then make sure you get the 4-4-4-12 one and not the 4-5-4-15 one. the first one OC's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom