What Kind Of Pc U Guys Prefer

Status
Not open for further replies.

konvick619

Baseband Member
Hey looking to buying a new pc but not sure which brand u guys prefer most for me i have a budget of 1500 i mainly surf internet play music and games watch tv on it and instant email chat. so which pc u prefer for me to buy. thanks for ur input

Is building a PC an option for you? Because you could get some nice parts from Tiger Direct, just down from Toronto to start building a PC.

You dun noe nothing? Is it that hard to type "I don't know anything" ... come on now.

If you don't know anything about the inside of a computer and want to buy a prebuilt, then buy any of them as they are all equally unreliable.

Build it yourself!!

You can do it in an afternoon, and you get an enormous sense of "I made that, and it works! Woo-Hoo!!" when you see XP boot for the first time. (especially your first build)

It really isn't difficult, but it might be an idea to be near a pc that's connected to the net, just in case you have a problem... Just google what you can't get working, and you're usually back on track in about ten mins...

Before you start Google for "AMD athlon64 PC building guide" or whatever matches what you bought, print it, and go!

You'll enjoy using the PC much more if you built it yourself, plus, it's CHEAPER!

And don't tell me you're worried about not getting tech support if you don't get prebuilt... www.techist.com is all you need!

build one yourself. on the off chance something does go wrong there will always be someone here to help. heck i once spent about 4 hours straight with someone over an instant messenger helping him troubleshoot and i doubt i'm the only one whom has done something like that. and if you really do not want to build for yourself at least let us help with a parts list and then you can pay someone to build it for you.

I'd go with either and HP, or Sony Viao... If you had to buy. but I do agree with nitestick.. I've been helping a few people on here as well... Getting feel like free tech support! LOL (but basically, I am...) :p

you can build a ridiculous system with 1500 bucks.. probably something twice as good as from a best buy or compusa. plus you dont have to deal with any of that extra bs software.

and its not really that hard anyway.

Most people on this forum are very tech savvy, so they can build it in an afternoon. Working with the public, I've learned that most people don't know much more about computers than turning it on. Building it yourself is not an option for most people.

If you aren't comfortable with a self-build, being a novice, get it custom built from a local mom and pop computer store. Of course it will be more expensive than building it yourself, but it will be better than any HP or Gateway from Best Buy.

Ya Bee, I sometimes forget about the fact that most people I meet have no idea what RAM is and insist on calling the tower the CPU which makes me slightly urked.. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom