Emachines T6420

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trotter said:
You can't overclock an eMachine. Or a Dell, or an HP, or a Gateway, etc.

Prebuilts have locked BIOS that prevents it.

Clockgen is a program that overclocks. It will work, but ONLY if your motherboard is supported by it. If not, you can't. My friend's eMachine motherboard is supported by it, my eMachine's was not.

If it is, go for it...if not...you can't.

Also, resetting CMOS won't do squat if he overclocks with a program and screws it up. The only way to un-do it is with the program.

If you get a emachine then update the bios with the manufacturer of the motherboards bios not emachines, would it take off all the locks or just completely screw everything

I may be wrong, but I think eMachines and other companies have the motherboard made for that machine. So, I don't think you could just update the BIOS that way.

You could, however, unlock the BIOS via a BIOS editor...but, if you know how to do that...you probally don't have an eMachines. :p

No, updating the BIOS from the manufacturer won't unlock it. i know, because I tried with my old eMachine.

i think i might just not overlock my machine then. Not simple i guess and too risky. I'll just stick with what i got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom