Overclocking 7900GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
really? coolbits seems stable enough for my OC. maybe I am not pushing it far enough to notice?

No, it's the "Superclocked" ... it comes stock at 1.5v as far as I know ... But is it good? I've never overclocked a video card before. So far I'm at "No errors for 18:00:00 sec." on ATiTool. I assume this is a type of stability test? Checking for artifacts sounds like stability to me. The temps aren't too bad, I played Quake 4 for like 30 minutes and checked and it was only 68c. I have a VF900 I just put on, so I think the temps will be less once the AS5 sets or whatever.

Wait, that has artifacts in the ATiTool Display, Delta of 600 in 7 Pixels, and you can see them in the top left corner of the furry box, slow it down and keep check of how hot it is running! That seems awful.

Forgive me if these are just blemishes in the display, its just that that happened on an X800GTo of mine that I had to RMA!

Ruan

What? When it was scanning for artifacts there were all sorts of yellow dots and it said no errors. I think those are supposed to be there. :confused:

The temps are good, I have a VF900. I played all sorts of games and never saw an artifact.

Also, for some reason MS paint super-compressed jpegs when you save them, so that would explain all the other crap near text you see.

No man the yellow dots are artifacts.

ATI tool always says no errors for x amount of time, the time being since the last artifact. I think it makes a windows beep noise too when there are artifacts.

Either way those look like artifacts and you should probably lower your overclock a bit. If you don't think they are (could just be jpeg compression or something) then try running 3dmark05 or 06, they are great for showing artifacts. Just run it like 4 times in a row and see if anything looks really strectched out or is artifacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom