Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** thats still $450 for Ultimate, i was thinking i would go for Ultimate no question, but screw that.......

Not part ot the managed beta? Just itching to see what's happened to Vista since Beta 2? Good news for you then, Vista Pre-RC1 has just been released to the public as a CPP (Customer Preview Program)

Build 5536, which was just released on Connect to participants for the Managed Beta Program, is now available as a public download.

Just for a reminder the build is just over 2.5GB and is only available in 32-bit. It has been confirmed that a 64-bit build will not be released.

The build can be downloaded either through your browser or using the Akamai Download Manager provided by Microsoft.

Hurry up though, because it is limited to 100,000 downloads! And only those with valid Beta 2 keys will be able to install this after downloading due to the fact that no new keys have been provided

http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/prerc1/en/download.html

Yeah i posted about this. It is a nice and stable build. Only backdraw is that some apps that used to work dont anymore.

No they are Canadian. But that still means that the the Price for Vista will be about $375 USD for the Ultimate.

Or check out Amazon which has Vista up for sale saying it will be available Jan 30, 2007. A full 2 months ahead of M$ expected release date.

is that the release for the businesses only then..?

thats sweet their in canadian, saves me a few dollars... but still it'll be crippling

can't i just buy the upgrade or does that not work if u reformat and stuff... ah nvm "shoot shoot shoot"

who charges 375 dollars for an OS?!

lol i know... we still have it here for 300 retail... seems only the OEM prices drop :-\

anyway you look at it I will own this operating system legally (got really tired of cracking xp before i bought it)... just depends if its christmas, birthday, or I put up the money :mad:

Microsoft have just released Windows Vista RC1 (Build 5600.16384.060829-223) to Technical Beta testers via MS Connect. The build is available for both x86 and x64 platforms.

Here are the details for the two DVD images:

vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x86fre_client-LR1CFRE_EN_DVD.iso
2,584.25 MB

vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x64fre_client-LR1CxFRE_EN_DVD.iso
3,677.22 MB

A reminder to all testers that now is the time to make our feedback count! Download and install the build, ASAP! File bugs, give feedback! It's up to us to make sure that Windows Vista ships as a usable and reliable operating system.

https://connect.microsoft.com/windows/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=2887

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom