4400x2 or Opteron 165

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. since i'm not going conroe.. and i'm buying a new mobo, these are my 2 choice i've come upon....

i want the 4400 for its higher multiplyer.. but i want the 165 for its overclock prestige and cool green sticker...

anyway, which would you guys prefer.. the 4400 is cheaper.... and if i did get the 4400 which oc's better cuz i see there are 2 version of it on newegg

oh ya, btw, if i could get people to please post some of their super pi times, overclocking results, and 3dmark 05 scores here that would help me decide as well!

Find a Opteron listed on DFI street or XS, they sell good steppings and good prices.

Or take your luck and buy a Opteron 165 from newegg.

Why not conroe? (I'm just asking why, I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise)

BTW Lord AnthraX, love this signature. :p

no on conroe because mobo's are a fortune... and rams a fortune... and i'd need a new heatsink to overclock to the extreme!!!... conroe is just costing tooooo much for everything i want.. so i will hold out on it..... i'd rather get another x1900 instead of going conroe... its what games need.. cpu power just isnt all that important to me

and with 939 i can keep my 2 gigs of ddr500

Lord AnthraX said:
Find a Opteron listed on DFI street or XS, they sell good steppings and good prices.

Or take your luck and buy a Opteron 165 from newegg.

the whole thought of getting something used is yucky to me... i'll be purchasing off of newegg of course... so is it worth risking getting the 165.. or just safely get the 4400 x2?

what is the multiplier of the x2?? is it 11??? or 12?

bah.. i wanted an opteron 170.. but they don't seem to sell those on newegg anymore :beard:

PZEROFGH said:
You can always buy from me, but nooooo you think it's yucky :mad:

lol.

Nos I know it seems "yucky" But you can get chips that are prooven to go at 3GHz with correct ram.

Just look around.

Also check tank guys, they let you pick your stepping.

Go with the 4400x2 89watt.

Check my sig. I got it to 3.0ghz stable but it was on 1.55 vcore and I'd rather not do that daily

i havent checked my stepping but i have a x11 mult and im def getting some better ram. your ram will put the board/cpu at great speeds... are you staying with the abit sli?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom