Setting a 56k for optimized gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philistine

Beta member
I read on another web page that slowing your internet connection would somehow give you better ping. Is there any truth to this?

I have a good USR modem which is DSL-esque for net surfing, but for WoW (game) it's completely mediocre.

I'd prefer a costless option, but I'll hear out anything. I've spent too much money as it is, for a masterpiece system stuck on a straw.

your problem is that you are using 56k... dsl-esque?... is it dial-up? cuz if it is there's your problem right there...haha

well maybe he has no other option, I used dial-up forever and it SUCKED. I could play no games except for battleground europe on my hp with a like 2.02 ghz celeron and integrated graphics LOL :D

But ya I just think that if you have dial up and the option of dsl or cable DO IT, just do it, it is worth every penny.

If found that more times than not people who use dial-up CAN get DSL or cable but just aren't aware of it.

If you can get it, then do it. If not, then you'll just have to be a single player gamer.

I am stuck a single player gamer, I have done a LAN thing once or twice with my cousin, and I have the multiplayer bug. :( but no resources to fulfill it.

I hev been playing CS.S with bots for months. I am that desperate. :(

CrAzY_GaMeR_07 said:
or raid your 56k modems

what do you mean, can u actually do that,

cuz i've been single player gaming for a while because of my cheap family and we still have dial up. we dont have dsl in this area. but we do have cable but its too expensive. 60$ a month dosent seem worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom