Backwards computer cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamchel

In Runtime
Hello everyone. Anyone know of any backwards computer cases for example the COOLER MASTER Centurion 541 RC-541-SKN1 Black Aluminumm bezel, SECC chassis MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case? Also is there a technical term for cases like these?

Thanks for the help.

:eek: hmm I didnt know thats what BTX was. I thought btx just was a different motherbaord layout :s

Okay well then now Im just straight up confused.. Does a btx case work with an atx mobo?

i dont think so...

BTX has the motherboard on the "wrong" side of the case, so the expension cards are the correct way up. i dont think you can mount an ATX mobo in a BTX case without it being upside down, etc.

why do you want a BTX case in particular?

I just like how everything is on the oposite side, since my newest project is going to be on the left hand side of the desk. Oh well I dont really care anymore since my supplier is out of stock of the case I was looking for. Thanks for the help..

One question though: how does flipping everything make airflow better?

iamchel said:
I just like how everything is on the oposite side, since my newest project is going to be on the left hand side of the desk. Oh well I dont really care anymore since my supplier is out of stock of the case I was looking for. Thanks for the help..

One question though: how does flipping everything make airflow better?

IT JUST DOES OKAY?!?!

JK, I have done some tests with almost identical hardware in an atx and btx case and the btx was cooler by 2c. Not that big of a difference

i don't know if this is a n00b question but does this mean that the case opens on the right side of the case instead of the left?

well idk the layout of a btx case...but if the PCI slots are "on top" (or higher above) on the mobo then tha'd put the CPU closer to the intake fans at the bottom and that could be helping.

Basically, as I know, its that BTX is a modified form of ATX to have better airflow, the whole turn it upside down thing CAN be done ATX boards, although it is designed for BTX. BTX places the processor at the front of the case and sticks the GPU on that same level to cause an airflow that throws out the GPU air and the processor air. There is the Dell BTX which again, dell being dell have modified it, so its not true BTX but its pretty close. If you want to see what its like, look at the inside of the Dell Dimension 5000s or have a look at JoshD's case in the case forum. They are quite good, but are a pain up the arse to do wire management on!

Ruan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom