Sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evans2

Beta member
My sound was perfect, then eventually it started to sound static. Along with having a static sound to it, the sound would only come through one ear of my headphones. However, if I wiggled and turned the plug connecting the headphones to the computer a bit, the sound would be clear again. I could listen to music clearly, however if I moved my body a bit, the wire would move with me, and the sound would be static again and only come through in one ear, so I would have to adjust the plug a bit to get the clear sound again.

It wasn’t that the plug wasn’t in all the way, the plug was connected perfectly, and the wire is long, so nothing’s tugging it; however it has a sound to it as if it wasn’t connected right. Eventually it got so worse that I tried getting a new sound card, and the sound worked perfectly. But now it’s been a few months and the problems are coming back. It’s not my headphones either, since it has the same problem with speakers. I was wondering what I could do to fix this and not have the sound be static and only coming in through one ear, with the sound occasionally being clear if I turn the plug the right way to get a ‘connection’.

Another thing to note is that this problem is in the front jack of the pc. The sound card in the back is a whole other problem. Sound won’t even come out when I plug my headphones into any of the holes in the back pc card. I don’t know why either, since I have the latest drivers installed, and the diagnostics for it came up fine. But I still get sound in the front jack, with the sound being static and only coming through one ear. But like I said earlier, if I move the plug in the right spot I can briefly hear a perfectly clear sound.

The sound jack in the front may be bad...and in order to get the sound card to register in the back you probably have to either unhook your front jacks or disable them...

Kidwell28

honestly, i dont know how to disable them... the easiest thing in my opinion would be just to unhook them from your mobo itself... that's cuz im to lazy to research it...haha

-kidwell28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom