Reformatting HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdeadweightxx

In Runtime
Ok well I have been having problems with my computer so I decided to reformat it. During the installation when it is like loading all the system files with .dll, .sys, .cab it will give me a warning that some files were not installed. I click retry but I get no luck so I just skip over them. Well these files were obviously very important cause it kinda messed things up on my computer. So my question is how do I get all the files to install properly???

the .dll, .sys, and .cab files are basically what run your system...that's why you are having problems. You can try repairing your os by booting to your windows cd, press enter and do not go to the first repair (this takes you to the console) and when it says it is detecting other versions of windows it should have the option to repair there...do it then.... or if you want to try something use a boot disk (anything, i usually use a windows 95) and when it takes you into dos type fdisk. once here hit yes on the first screen, 3 on the next, and probably 3 to delete your ntfs partion (i'm assuming that's what you're using) then it should be partition one. this basically wipes out your hdd...then just reinstall your os...

-kidwell28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom