99.4% done downloading Vista 5536

Status
Not open for further replies.
can I find a dvd copy of just some form of Vista BETA anywhere. I have been really looking forward to trying it, but the dowload is closed on the M$ website.

Can someone, anyone help me get a copy of one of there Vista OS??

WOW. It's not as snappy as Windows XP, but it's definitely faster than I expected it to be. The windows switcher is really cool. The glass came on by default, and is smooth as ever. People with the geforce 6800 and on up, I can garantee it works perfect.

After 30minutes of playing around, I'm using over 600mb of RAM, so you'll probably want to at least have 2gb to make it smooth. It's probably about 1.5x-2x as bad as windows xp. If you get along fine with 1gb with xp, then 2gb will work fine for you I imagine.

Yes, Windows Vista is very slow for me on my Celeron 2.6 with 512MB of RAM. It's not too bad on your hard drive, but with 512MB of ram, all the memory is used on idle.

I think a minimum of 3ghz w/ 2gb of ram should be required to run it as it was supposed to run, with at least a 128mb video card.

This is wierd... even though I have 256mb of ram on my video card, windows says I have a total of 519mb of 'total available graphics memory'. Looks like it bums some off of the system ram. I think 512mb-1024mb cards are going to be come the norm in a couple years...

lancec2c30 said:
can somebody just enlighten me to where I can get a copy of vista beta to test out?????????????????????????????????????????/
Okay that is just rude. Have you tried to use google? Have you checked the torrent sites?

It will only work for 14 days if you don't have a non-activated key, but by then RC1 will be out. I'd just wait for RC1 to see what all the fuss is about. it will more than likely be a little nicer build anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom