Comp Built But PROBLEMS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talis

Baseband Member
Still having problems, i realized that i had ordered the wrong memory so i re orderd the right part. When i attempted to start it up before installing new mem the all the fans would kick on for about 1 second and then turn off with no real fan noise coming from CPU. But now after everyhting is connected the fans turn on now for about 3 seconds with cpu fan noise and all seems well then it cuts out again... im getting really frustrated. I have also tried unplugging components except vid card mother board and CPU but then it turns to doing the same 1 sec turn on. Any advice would be much appriciated.

MSI K9N Neo-F Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

eVGA 256-P2-N583-AR Geforce 7900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX500-A, 2.0 version, 2 SATA, PCI Express, 500W

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Orleans 2000MHz HT 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor

OCZ 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

is it hooked up to a screen? how far do u get? bios? XP screen?

yea that psu is pretty (insert bad word here cause i cant think of any)ty :p

though that is thier top line pretty much

3 seconds would be about the time it would take for one of those temp programs(shut down ur cpu if its too hot)

i couldnt imagine any comp running for 1 single second and fully shutting off by itself, if in the rare event it did that probaly means it just fried everythign in ur system

but im no expert this is just guesses

Fortron is not a bad PSU company. But in this case it might be the PSU that's at fault. Do you have a spare PSU lying around, or maybe one you can borrow from a friend to see if it is indeed the PSU, or maybe the mobo.

I suggest starting the PC up with only the CPU, mobo and 1 stick of RAM connected. No harddrives or CD drives or anything else, and see what it does. At the moment I really think it's either the PSU or mobo. Check with another PSU before you run off to buy a new one! :D

sounds as if your mobo is shorting out somewhere... I know this sucks, but take it apart and reseat everything. also, use the cardboard washers that came with the mobo but use them on the bottom of the mounting screws. and them put your mobo in, etc...

are you SUREE its all hooked up properly? because it took you a few tries to get everything allconnected, chances are there could be somthing small thats still not hooked up correctly..

I have alyready tried to start it up witjh just the mem cpu and mother board. Nothing goes. And i have already taken the computer apart 4 times now and reconnected all.

it could be one of two things (I think) either a bad PSU, or CPU. the only way to test that theory though, would be to have another of each and try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom