Emachines T6420

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I was wondering if theres is anyway of overlocking my pc and if it is worth it. Thank you
here are the specs

AMD Athlon 64-bit 3400+ processor
RAM: 1024 MB
Storage Capacity: 200 GB
RAID: No
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 6100
Primary Optical Drive: Dual-Layer DVD+/-RW
Monitor Type: LCD
Screen Size: 17 inches

i don't see why screen size, storage capacity, and optical drive matter....

and yes, you can oc your computer.. with a program called clockgen... but i do not advice is.. i don't know if you can reset cmos on your computer if anything goes wrong.. but i guess if you just click do not use on start up it would work out...

Um.. i do not know much about performance..so i know this is a dumb question, but what would improve from overlocking...is it worth it. and if do not use it on start up, can it damage anything?!?

if you overclock insanely high you can ruin your cpu.. and i suggest you don't have it go on start up because if you DO mess up.. and your computer shuts down.. you won't be able to turn it back on without reseting bios

overclocking won't do too much unless you do a reasonable amount.. maybe like .2 or .3 ghz should make a noticeable difference.. is it worth it.. for your computer.. no.. i would say no

if he does use the startup option and something goes wrong, he could just go into safe mode then msconfig

well i guess i mite just try it out and see whats up, if no problemo, then ill stay with it.
OFF topic question...
is there a place to buy used graphic cards?!?!?

You can't overclock an eMachine. Or a Dell, or an HP, or a Gateway, etc.

Prebuilts have locked BIOS that prevents it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom