windows xp install hang

Status
Not open for further replies.

welsh

In Runtime
hey, i didnt have enough cash to buy a copy of exp, so i decided to install an old copy of windows 98. this went well, its working pretty good and installed well. Now my dads windows xp has no activations but it leaves me with 30 days to activate, so i dedicided ill use that till i can buy windows. Now im trying to upgrade and it hangs. Insert the cd, it boots from cd, the setup loads all the drivers at the bottom and then goes "Setup is starting Windows" and just sits there its been there for 15 minutes before i shut it off, any suggestions on what it might be or i could do to make it not hang?

try the cd in another system see if it is able to get past that point. and if it doesnt get a new cd.

nope, it worked in two other pcs, got past the part that it hangs on with my new one.

sounds like a hardware problem first try another cddrive and then start taking out unneccessary pci cards and things like that some one had this same problem the other day when their graphics card stopped them from getting past swapping it out fixed the problem right away.

A friend of mine had the same problem and I fixed it by replacing the stick of ram he had in it worked first go after

hope thats some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom