Gaming computer setup, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheeFlash

Solid State Member
I am looking into getting a new gamming computer and was wondering if you guys could give me some advice base on this setup. I don't need any optical drives, monitors or a mouse/keyboard because I already have great ones. It is $655 for:

CASE: TURBO X-DREAMER CASE 350 WATT W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display (BLACK COLOR)

CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon™64 X2 3800+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

MOTHERBOARD: (Socket AM2)GigaByte GA-M55SLI-S4 nForce4 SLI Chipset DDR2/800 SATA 16x PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN, IEEE1394, USB2.0, &7.1Audio

MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA Geforce 6200 Graphics with TurboCache supporting 256MB 16X PCI Express VIDEO CARD

HARD DRIVE: SPECIAL!!! 160GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

I am planning on buying it pre-made from cyberpowerpc.com because of the good price to parts ratio, so i do not have an unlimted library of parts and it'd be nice to stay below $900 and even better to stay below $700

That graphics card is simply awful, what kind of games do you want to play with it? I'm sure you can build your own with alot better specs for the same price.

The Nvidia GeForce 7600GT as a bare minimum for today's games i'd say, but again it depends what games you want to play, and on what settings.

Also if you are willing to build your own PC, then say so, and i'm sure we can get a list of parts together for ya :)

I'd rather just pick the parts and let someone build it because of the whole time thing. I posted the site I was planning on ordering from.

Time thing :S you can build a PC in a spare afternoon, plus it's fun and you get a sense of pride after you've built it :p

But anyways nvm on your cyperpowerPC site I came up with this for $870

Intel Core 2 Duo e6300 <--- great performance.
1GB RAM
GeForce 7600GT
160GB Hard Drive

That would do ya nicely for most of today's games.

I changed what I am looking at. It is now $690.

CASE: TURBO X-DREAMER CASE 350 WATT W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display (BLACK COLOR)

CPU: (939-pin) AMD Athlon™64 X2 3800+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

MOTHERBOARD: (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio

MEMORY: 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value Select)

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA Geforce 7300 GT 512MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD

HARD DRIVE: SPECIAL!!! 160GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom