is the E6400 worth the $50 over E6300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo_99

Daemon Poster
hey i'm gonna be building a computer for my friend and i wanted to know what to go w/ i can either get the E6300 w/ a HSF or the E6400 w/o one...that's just because of the budget he's on.

anyways the case i'm gonna get for him w/ it is an Xclio case with a 25cm fan in the side pulling in air right over the mobo and then a 120mm in front pulling in and another in back for exhaust.

^i included that in case you guys think that would be enough cooling. He said he'd wanna OC it later but would be fine w/o OCing it for at least 1/2 a year.

what you guys think?

Umm, no HSF? They come stock with them (well I would think they should) if you do not have a HSF say hello to Mr. Fried Processor. If you cannot get a HSF (if it comes with a stock one don't wortry about this post) then get the one you can get the HSF with since you will fry it in about 5 seconds.

If you're OC'ing get the e6300, if not get the e6400, and dear god don't power up any system when a CPU doesn't have a HSF, it'll fry >_<

i think he's talking about OEM? and you need a hsf so just get the cpu that comes with one otherwise it'll be another 20-30 on top of the e6400

haha. sorry i meant an aftermarket one that'd make up the difference...and i might not get AS5 if i don't get him an aftermarket HSF either.

but i would probably go for an OEM if they had it for 30+ cheaper. then just get a HSF for it.

Isn't the ONLY difference between the two processors the clock speed? If so, you'd be stupid to spent the extra $50.

The 6400 has a x8 multiplier, and 6300 only x7, so a bit faster clock speed and an extra multiplier for OCing.

Drizo said:
The 6400 has a x8 multiplier, and 6300 only x7, so a bit faster clock speed and an extra multiplier for OCing.

oh yeah? thanks. i'd heard something about the E6400 overclocking better but didn't know specifics. that helps me out a little.

so with that info what do you guys think? and how much of a difference will that make in OCing?

how far do you guys think i'd be able to OC w/ a E6400 with C4L DDR2-800 OCZ ram and a DS3 mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom