Status
Not open for further replies.

stevelenihan

Baseband Member
Which is faster:

3GB DDR 333 Dual Channel Ram

or

2GB DDR 400 Dual Channel Ram

Say the timings are the same for both.(FYI I have 2x1GB and 2x512MB installed in my system but when all 4 slots are used the speed goes from 400Mhz down to 333Mhz)

2GB DDR 400 will be faster.

Windows doesn't do very well once you go over 2GB.

2gb DDR400, and if you want to overclcock go for DDR500.

3gb will not run in dual channel, plus windows xp only supports up to 3gb and it will actually slow you down a little. unless you have X64 XP and really have te need for using more than 2gb of ram at one time.

3 gig will run in dual chanel because if you have 4 sticks that 2 sets of dual chan because he said he has 2x512 and 2x1gig thats dual chanel.

Windows x32 supports of to 4 gigs not 3 gigs. x64 supports upto 164 gigs. more memory can never slow you down.

but go with the DDR400

The 3gig does work in dual channel but im gonna go with 2gig because the 2x512mb i have is crappy generic ram. The 2x1gig is OCZ Gold pc3200 2-3-2-8 but when i have it installed on its own without the 2x512mb the timmings stay 2.5-3-3-8. Any ideas?

King X13 said:
more memory can never slow you down.

You're completely wrong. I can gurantee you that if you run the same exact pc, with 4gb and with 2gb. The 2gb will run better in EVERY game. The only time you need more the 2gb is if you're gonna run a server.

lol you ppl are silly but its ok i already proved myself in real life, you guys think what you want in cyber land, if you guys wanna disagree thats fine and if you want to say more then 2gb is only for servers with out knowing what else is out there then thats fine too lol.

probably the cheap-o generic ram sped up ur system a lil bit, or the bios no likee ur new ram. update bios, and see if it is the same. also, just to note a few of u guyz, more than 3gb is great!! it may be a lil slower, but for cad, u need more ram, ex: lots of processor cache, lots of system ram, more than 256mb vid ram, and finally, more than a 2.0ghz processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom