need overclocking help

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
i recently overclocked my pentium 4 506 @2.66ghz, to 3.2 ghz. i think thats pretty good. my computer restarts at random times, is that because of the lack of power to the cpu or is that because of my crappy ECS mobo. i changed the fsb from 133mhz to 165mhz. but i do want to turn up vcore a little but i can find out where to do it in the bios. i can see the voltages of everything in the bios but it wont let me change any of the voltage settings. i cant highlite the voltages i want to change and then press + or - to change their settings.

oh yeah i'm still a noob at overclocking. i posted a few times before but ppl just called me noob and did not help me solve my problem. i have already done plenty of research before overclocking.

The restarting could be because of temperatures getting too high. What are your idle and heavy load temps? with heavy load you may want to use prime95 or s&m [a program!]

have you primed for stability? That is a must whenever you overclock even if it is a .2-.4 OC.

I don't have a ECS board, but in most boards, it should be in advanced options, you might have to press a combination of buttons to unlock hidden BIOS features.

oh i have a artic preezer 7 and its around 39-41 at idle and 45-47 at full load. i tested my proc with prime 95 for 2 days straight for stability and for heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom