Problem with AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasm

Beta member
hey everyone. I have a prebuilt (yeah, i know I know) emachines computer that I got about a month ago. its in great condition, it was pretty expensive too.

well, anyway, I recently got a video card that uses an agp plug, and so I open up my computer to install it and find that, hm, the AGP slot seems to be backward.

I was wondering if there was anything I could do about this? I'd really love to not have to use the built in video, as it is less than, well, less than decent. anyway, if you have any ideas, please do tell! i'd love to install this video card!

Thanks a bunch!

Max

The AGP slot may only accept either 1.5V or 3.3V cards. Select below what looks more closely to your slot.

AGP 2x/1x slot: (AGP 1.0, 3.3V)

agp2x-slot.jpg

AGP 8x/4x-only slot: (AGP 3.0, 0.8V/1.5V)

2x.jpg

Note that they are both keyed in different locations.
An AGP 2x/1x card is not compatible with a 1.5V-only slot (AGP 8x/4x-only) and vice versa.

ah, mine has the key further away from the back of the computer, so I would say its more like the 8x/4x I guess. thats mostlikely the problem. I am trying to install my friends old video card, an ATI Rage 128 (its just for the moment until I get paid, then BAM, a brandspankin new card!) Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom