Dell Inspiron 9300 Not turning on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Origin

Baseband Member
hi, ive had this laptop for about a year now. i checked to see if my battery was one that was to be recalled and they said that was fine. however, right before this huge recall my laptop would not turn on, not even with a.c. power running directly to it. when i press the on button a few symbols on the laptop light up (right by the power buttons the 9, A, and the down arrow that have a picture of a lock around them and also the light at the top that looks like a circle with a small line at the top of it (right under the screen on the right)) these buttons light up like the computer is going to turn on and after about 5 seconds it stops and does nothing. sometimes it makes a sound (normal sound when a laptop completely shuts off) and sometimes it doesn't even do that. does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

If you can, take the hard drive and Cd drive out. These are quite easy to slide out the side of the machine.
The CD is generally held in with one screw on the underside of the case.
Before the laptop went down where you using the laptop on a desk or was it on a soft surface?

anywhere specifically i should look for a model number? should it say model number #####?

to be honest i can't remember if it was on a hard surface or soft. i do sometimes leave it on my bed while i look but i could have sworn it was on my desk before hand.

If it was on a soft surface then it may well have overheated. Seeing it a lot more often now than ever before.
Your best bet would be to get to work with a screwdriver and take out the memory and hard drive, cd drive as these may well be shorting the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom