Boot up problems (installed new driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morrty

Baseband Member
My neigbour was having graphics problems so I went over to his house, reinstalled the driver and now everything is fine although now when booting up the computer gets stuck on the memory check for like 1 min then boots up to the windows screen where the bar is then it goes black for about 40 seocnds then boots into windows, I tried uninstalling the driver and no luck, His computer is now worse then it was and I feel really bad, can anyone tell me whats the problem here? He's using a 9200 radeon series with windows XP. I also tried omega drivers but no luck there either.

When attempting to install the driver now we get an error saying Severe: INF video driver failed to load.

try a system restore or try rolling back the drivers (device manager > display adapters > right click card > properties > drivers tab > roll back drivers.

didnt work, the graphics messed up again and it still takes like 2 mins to boot up, its not windows thats taking forever its right at the memory check

nope didnt work either, im not worried about the graphic problem right now, I know I can eventually fix that but can someone help me with the boot up problem where it gets stuck on the very first screen with the mobo graphic, it just freezes then after 1 min it shows the memory check and boots up

heh, can u tell me what im looking for in there, im not very experienced with it

I jsut hope i can fix this without resorting to reformatting

and by reseting the cmos do i just go into the bios by pressing delete at startup?

You will need the manual for the mobo if you are going to find the cmos jumper or you can just remove the battery for a few seconds

There are 2 ways you can reset your bios.

1. On the motherboard there is a small watch battery. Remove this battery along with the power cable from the power supply. Hold down the power button to fully discharge the system. Wait 2-3 minutes then reinstall the battery and plug in your system. Your reset is now complete

2. Some motherboards have a 3 pin jumper by the battery. Lets say that the jumper is on pins 2 and 3. Remove the jumper while the machine is OFF and place onto pins 1 and 2. Power on your machine for a minute. (Note: Your system will not POST). Shutdown your machine and put the jumper back to pins 2 and 3. Your reset is now complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom