cpu making noise,audio card too (in media player 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OatesyX

In Runtime
Right so, i just built a comp there

2.6 ghz celron,
512 Ram
Radeon 9200se
300 wat psu
,so my problems are as follows, for some strange reason whenever i play a dvd in media player 10 or 11 beta i can actualy hear what sounds like a disc spinning coming from my speakers( and im sure its coming from my speakers) also sometimes mostly when im scrolling down webpages (like this forum) it seems like my cpu is making noise, ive had this happen before with a diff cpu i was hoping if some1 could shed some light on these problems,the noise sounds like a hssing

Yup. The built in intergrated audio will usually get interference from other parts on the motherboard. Some will be louder than others. I can always notice the noise. The solution is to buy a pci soundcard, pref a Creative soundblaster type card.

last time my onboard sound failed i just got my audigy 2 ZS and by the way CPU's dont make noises unless they are frying lol.

i did, turned them off, its definatly from the speakers , as the guy said, probably interference but for some reason it doesnt happen in power dvd 6. just media player, as for the cpu noise im almost certain this happened me before with a completely different chip, and that chip is still fine, very strange

the cpu does not make noise so try and find out what is making the noise weather it be the CPU fan or any other component. could it be the harddrive your hearing thats the only part i can hear in my computer apart from the fans.

hmm, this time it seems like the clicking is coming from thr speakers, strange strange happinings

You say it doesn't happen in PowerDvd 6 which makes sense because the audio is coming directly from a cable connected to your dvd player to a jumper on your intergrated sound. You can test this by opening up your windows mixer. Mute the Wave and see as the noise goes away even though cd/dvd is still un-muted. You should always mute things you do not use like Mic and any line-ins because they just make extra noise even if not used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom