home speakers adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikadazikal

Beta member
hi, this is my first post and I really need some help from people who know computers.

I am getting married in a couple months and we have decided to do the dj-ing ourselves with our computer. we have the playlists all ready to go but want to use our home speakers instead of the computer speakers.

here's the problem:

how do you hook home speakers to a computer? (our home speakers have nothing but speaker wire to connect to)

Ive actually done what you are talking about with the home speakers with speaker wire playin the pc. But this was only able to be done because i had computer speaker set with subwoofers and the speakers pluged into the sub woofer with speaker wire(black and red / blue and red). and then the sub woofer pluged into my sound card with the normal plugs for it. i dont know if that helps much but you need something along those lines to make it work.

thanks very much, that might work......but isn't there some sort of adapter to do this so you could plug in several speakers at once?

rock on, thanks a lot...

fiance just bought new computer speakers a few months ago with a new subwoofer. I'll have to check it out.

thanks for your help, I really appreciate it very much.

If your trying to hook up a speaker with just a wire your not going to get much power out of your computer (that's if you can hook it up). You need a reciever which will boost the strength of the sound by a huge amount, it's also a lot easier.

reggie_da_man said:
If your trying to hook up a speaker with just a wire your not going to get much power out of your computer (that's if you can hook it up). You need a reciever which will boost the strength of the sound by a huge amount, it's also a lot easier.

ok, I am a computer idiot basically. My fiance is the computer guy, but he's working so much overtime I'm trying to do this.....

What type of reciever? is there a certain type? if so what should I ask for?

thank you very much for your advice in advance and please feel free to laugh about my lack of computer skills to all your friends! lol:laughing:

what do you have powering your home speakers? anything?

what you need is a 1/8" to dual RCA cable. you plug the 1/8" into the output of your soundcard, then plug the RCA's into the input of your stereo receiver. then use the receiver to power your home speakers.

what power rating are your speakers? what impedance (ohms) are they? or better yet, can you link us to them on the web? i'll be able to recommend you specs for a receiver with that info.

ya all home stereo systems bought as a package come with some sort of reciever, amplifier. it is the thingy that you turn the volume up and donw on, and change the radio station. If that hepls any.

Now on the back of the receiver there are some red and white plugs that say adio inpput or something along those lines. You just plug a "y connector" ( has a red and white plug on one end and a hedphone jack on the other) into the back of the receiver( the red and white side) then youi plug the headphone end into the sound jack in the back of the computer.

the viola you have instant DIY DJ :D

lancec2c30 said:
Now on the back of the receiver there are some red and white plugs that say adio inpput or something along those lines. You just plug a "y connector" ( has a red and white plug on one end and a hedphone jack on the other) into the back of the receiver( the red and white side) then youi plug the headphone end into the sound jack in the back of the computer.

did i not just say that? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom