7600Oc Or 7800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUnknownGamer

Solid State Member
I just got my gaming desktop back from the repair shop due the motherboard bein fried from the memory stick, so that cost me a brand new motherboard and a memory stick. My question im gonna be be upgrading from the stock ati-radeon 9550 video card that came installed, to either the Nvidia 7600 over clock or to the 7800 gt? Which video card will be more reliable on the long run and better graphics? Also I will be upgrading to either Kingston 1gb stick or to a Patriot 1gb if I can find it in the stores.

yeah its true
but it depends
i assume you mean a 7800Gt (as apposed to a 7800GTX) then go for the 7800GT
but if you mean 7800GTX then just buy a 7900GT
also u will not get the sae performance as a 7800GT with an OC'ed 7600GT

he's upgrading from a 9550, which means he has AGP slot.. and 7800gt and 7600gt are for pci-express only... which means he can't upgrade to those cards.

aunkowngamer, you should've come here before you repaired your comp and wasted money on a pretty old rig, we coulda recommended a newer, better system from scratch... and taking some parts from the old fried rig.

He is getting a new motherboard. Maybe his new mobo comes with PCI-express?

How much are you willing to spend on a video card? Maybe there is a better deal out there for you that we could try and find.

no he already got a new motherboard, thats compatible with all the older components, when he took his pc to the repair shop.

aliasaid said:
no he already got a new motherboard, thats compatible with all the older components, when he took his pc to the repair shop.

i usually don't care much about grammar/spelling/punctuation, but the placement of commas in that sentence makes absolutely no sense!! donno what i was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom