computer wont boot, what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adragland

Baseband Member
hey guys, im not too sure what happened because its my parents computer and i came home to visit and they informed me that they went to turn on the computer and it wont boot up. Wont boot to bios or anything. Basically when you turn the power on the monitor still blinks as if the computer is asleep. When i unplug the vga from the back of the computer, the monitor self test says ithe monitor is fine. I need to have some ideas of how to trouble shoot. should i replace the video card with another one i have and see if that works? could it be the harddrive? any basic info of where I should start troubleshooting.thanks everyone

It could be the video card but try reseting the cmos, (jumper, or remove the battery) then see what happens

yea i can do that, is it possibly the harddrive? the reason i ask is because i am at work and am trying to figure out what to bring with me to troubleshoot

If it doesnt boot to the bios, i dont see it having anything to do with the hard drive, you could bring one just in case.

does anything else power up? fans, HDD, etc??? if not, but I would say that maybe the PSU is shot. what kind of computer do they have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom