I'm trying to copy a CD that is protected. Alcohol and CloneCD failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocket1406

In Runtime
They make the image, but then they don't write and give errors. This is a CD for a college textbook.

Suggestions?

My Asian friend said Nero wouldn't let him copy it either.

For me, Alcohol version 1.9.5.3105 was attempted, and CloneCD5.2.6.1 was attempted.

Am I using wrong settings? I'm not an expert at copying.

try copy and paste the content on the cd, but not the whole cd to a folder on your hard drive. then burn those file as a data cd

this should bypass the marked errors and copyright protection on the cd

If the idea EricB said doesnt work then there isnt anyway. Alcohol120% and CloneCD should have done it. Since you say they dont there would be no other way other than copying the files.

It copied with Alcohol 120 now (with Safedisc 2/3 settings), and it also worked with Blindwrite 6.

HOWEVER, now it says...

"This program cannot run without the original cd in the drive" when it tries to Autoplay.

HELP!!

Should I try CloneCD again on my friends computer? What should I burn it as? Multimedia Audio, or Data?

In other words can CloneCD actually clone copy the cd better than Nero, Alcohol and Blindwrite?

Would it be able to bypass this "insert original cd" protection?

I use AnyDVD and CloneDVD, as well as Nero 6 and never have had any problems with any copyrighted materials ever. Then again I hardly burn that kind of material as I mostly just d/l and make my own collections anyways.

CloneCD would have done the job, it makes exact clone of the CD, which means the CD protection is still on the copy.

*EDIT*

The thing to watch out for is if the CD install some kind of rootkit or hidden application on your computer that prevents you from copying the CD correctly. Sorta like the Sony situation way back, but I think that might be something different, forgot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom