computer restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this same problem with my Athlon 950, the bios that comes standard with AMD processors will force it into a shutdown when the temp goes over 50degrees C. Your two realistic options are to either change the amprage of the processor ( very hard and complicated) or install two case fans, an intake and an output (very easy and worked for me, about $25 and 10 minutes of work).

gordon-guru said:
I had this same problem with my Athlon 950, the bios that comes standard with AMD processors will force it into a shutdown when the temp goes over 50degrees C. Your two realistic options are to either change the amprage of the processor ( very hard and complicated) or install two case fans, an intake and an output (very easy and worked for me, about $25 and 10 minutes of work).

yeah or you change the temperature at wich the pc should shut down
mine is set @ i think 70

AMD's are pretty good processors for high temepratures so it shouldn't hurt them....... much

neways that or indeed put more casefans in

Hi chart47, you may try this:

Control panel | Performance and Maintenance | System | Advanced | Startup and Recovery (Setting) | Automatically restart

I appreciate all the help everyone has given me. I'm sure it's just the settings in the bios but I'll have to check them. in either case the temp is pretty stable at about 54 degrees C. I just couldn't emagine it actually being the cooler isn't enough considering it hasn't done this until recently.

54c shouldn't cause the PC to reset unless it's set in the BIOS to shutdown at that setting. But it would shutdown and not do a restart.

mine restarted, never fully shut down and never turned back on
-from my personal experience

My own experience

I have an IBM x21 subnotebook and i was installing all kinds of programs that oneday it just failed on me and would often restart by itself and it worsely won't allow me to connect to the internet. I had thought it was due to cpu being over heated, bios problem or hardware problem, or virus or adware in my computer. IT WAS NONE OF THAT.. i started to uninstall all programs one by one i had previously installed and making note of restart activity. Then i found the problem, it was a program called System Internet Washer pro with attached cracked was bug here. Today its been 1 week since i last removed the program, my laptop can finally breathe free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom