Looking for a new video card, cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadisticmidget

Baseband Member
Hey guys. I just built this pc about a month ago on a budget. In order to get a higher end processor, and decent RAM I went low end on the video card. I am currently running a Nvidia 6600 gt card. It runs everything well, but can't play certain newer games on Highest. I was looking at the 7950gtx card, but that is freaking expensive >_<. So if you were in my situation and wanted to spend no more than 200-250 on a new card, what would you get. Nvidia only please.

It is a nice card, but i am looking for one with 512 Ram if possible. Or since I am new to computers, you could explain to me why I am an idiot and why the Ram probably wont make a huge difference.

do you have an sli motherboard? i bought xfx 6800gt for 135 with 35 rebate plan on getting a second one but then again i am not a hard core gamer just starting to play call of duty the first one

If you look at the Newegg small print, buying open box means they do not test it and parts could be missing... under recert: (direct from Newegg)

What is Recertified or Factory serviced product?

Factory serviced and Recertified products are items which have been returned to an authorized factory repair facility for testing, inspection, and repair, or which have been repaired by certified technicians. All factory service products carry the applicable manufacturerÂ’s warranty and NeweggÂ’s 15-day return policy.

that is a good idea. save 100 dollars to spend on something else. i dont think you should have a problem with it. make sure that you psu is good enough to handle it tho. im not too good with those so someonelse should talk about those. i think there is a thread aobut them somewhere in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom