PSU: Cutting the clutter (literally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psshhh, people complain about how "pretty" Macs are, and that you pay for "pretty," then they go home to their low-rider flashy light-up case with spinners and a fog machine in it. In reality, Let's compare laptops.

Macbook Pro:
macbook_pro_back_th.jpg

Dell "XPS" laptop:
dell_xps_m1710_1.jpg

The Mac is a grey square with an Apple symbol in the middle. The Dell has all sorts of flashy lights and glowing speakers, brushed metal outside with all sorts of stickers on it and it weighs about 16 pounds and is like 4 inches thick.

I think the Dell is a bit more extravagant than the Apple. ;)

I just like fast computers, I don't care much what they look like, as long as they aren't "attention getters."

:D:D:cool::beard::confused:

WorldIndustries said:
Makes it a helluva' lot easier when connecting/disconnecting/adding/removing parts too.

cutting off all the chords you don't use makes this easier!?!?! now i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it makes it HARDER because then you can't use the ones that aren't there anymore.

I'd say if you're really into a clean case then just buy a modular PSU. you can still use the other one in case something happens and you won't be ruining it and having to upgrade to a new PSU w/ your new video card...etc

jordo_99 said:
cutting off all the chords you don't use makes this easier!?!?! now i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it makes it HARDER because then you can't use the ones that aren't there anymore.

I'd say if you're really into a clean case then just buy a modular PSU. you can still use the other one in case something happens and you won't be ruining it and having to upgrade to a new PSU w/ your new video card...etc

No, I don't think you get it. I don't mind leaving a few extra molex connectors, maybe even a PCI-e, but there's are literally like a dozen extra connectors in my case not being used...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom