using a cloned hard drive .. .help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamaz17

Solid State Member
I have cloned a hard drive which I have just made using windows xp, I put the cloned drive in a machine which has identicle components to the computer I created the master on. Booted up cloned computer, works great for a few hours, then seems to start to freeze up randomly. Does anyone know if this could be due to the use of a cloned drive? If so, do you know what I need to do to fix this? I made the clone using norton ghost 2003.

if you copied all the files using the windows file xfer wizard. Then I'm surprised it booted up at all... it leaves key dll files out when you do that so you can't do it. the best way is to try and repair it with the CD. but go into the cd as though you would put the OS on for the first time. once you get past the initial setup you can repair from there. (if you try to repair from the first menu... Unless you know exactly what segment you need, it'll be useless)

Hmmm I'm pretty sure Norton ghost takes alll the dll files etc.. pretty much clones the HD sector by sector I think. I don't think I used windows file xfer wizard, I'm not sure where that came from

I guess I misunderstood you when you said " I have cloned a hard drive which I have just made using windows xp"

So of course using Norton changes a lot. you probably have a bad image. Just make another one and re-clone it. I've done it many times at work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom