Keyboard Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
Okay, I just spent about 20 minutes going through the search feature and could not find a thread on this, Anyways, I have old HP keyboard and mouse for my current rig and am wanting to upgrade to a nice keyboard and mouse, the keyboard should be relatively quiet and decently heavy to take a pounding (I play games oftentimes) But again, I am moving into the dorm rooms at college so quiet is one of the first priorities.

Thanks guys for any help you can give me.

how much do you want to spend?

the G-15 is good. not loud, and also not fragile.
plus it's got all the features like light-up keys, LCD, programmable keys, media control, and you can disable the start button in games.

Yeah I have a G-15 and it's fantastic. Really strong keyboard, which is good for me because I tend to be really rough with keyboard, and it has all the extra little features aswell. Such as an LCD screen which CAN be handy in some games, but generally it's just a novelty.

wait and get the new ms ultimate kb...if you can wait. Also their new gaming mouse....made in assoc with Razer (or however you spell it)

Hmm, I may get a G15 it does look pretty cool, is it each key is individually LED, or is it just one big LED on the bottom of the keys.

JoshSB said:
Hmm, I may get a G15 it does look pretty cool, is it each key is individually LED, or is it just one big LED on the bottom of the keys.

All of the keys are individually lit using a "light mat". Very nice w/ 2 settings. The lighting is also uniform and the LCD is an added bonus. Using LCD Studio I have it configured to show:

CPU speed in MHz
CPU Temo in C
Vcore
CPU Load (double bar graph)
RAM usage in %
Uptime
Realtime
FPS
MB Temp in C
HDD Temp in C

I love my G15!

that's freakin' sweet Syrillian. I'm gonna go check how much they are and maybe get one now.

Ya, LCD Studio supports about 2 dozen plug-ins like ATI Tool, RivaTuner, and several music ones.

Here is a screen shot of what I have displayed now:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom