1950 or 1900?>!>!>?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pullyalater

Baseband Member
well im thinking of waiting for the 1950 crossfire card to come out and then possibly sell my 1900xtx, or crossfire em and run at xtx speeds. OR to just get a cheaper 1900crossfire and oc it a little to the xtx speeds. (the new crossfire specs are amazing)

im looking at a month before i can get my memory(mushkin pc4000) and the video card, but it wont be available till then anyways.

please dont make this a nvidia/ati war thread, all i want is some advice. I am not biased, i just look at the numbers... same thing with procs. its all preference.

anyway what do ya'll think?!

im not sure its worth buying the new card to run it at xtx speeds
just sell the xtx and save up to buy 2 1950s and do it properly if your that hung up on the crossfire

yea then im looking at alot longer to get the extra 500 for the 1950xtx, but i do agree that that would be an good way to go about it, just very pricey.

yeah
but if ure going to buy an expensive card like that to put it back to slower speeds then your better off just buying a x1900xtx (another 1 i mean) and use that

wow, that is going to be quite some computer.

how much faster is the 1950 going to be? can't you just OC 1900s to 1950 speeds? it would be alot more money to go for a full 1950 setup...

no 1900's will not reach 2000 mhz memory....

i say you get the x1950 crossfire card and crossfire it with the x1900xtx for a lil bit.. then when you get more money, sell off your xtx and get another x1950

yes but then i can oc the xtx to the 1950 speeds, well not the mem of course but the core.
and i cannot buy another 1900xtx and use it bc the PCIe bus isnt large enough to handle 2 crossfire cards without that cable dongle. =/
it'll be nice when they get that dongle to either be internal or completely do away with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom