winzip help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctornads

Solid State Member
Hey guys. whenever i d/l any type of zip file whenever i try to extract it from winzip it says "some data in your zip file is damaged, crc check failed" Whats going on and how can i fix this. I tried reinstalling it but that didnt work.

That error says that the Zip file you downloaded is corrupt. If you dont think that is the case try using WinRar which is free and see if it can extract the Zip file for you.

will do. I dont think it is the file cuz every thing that i d/l that is a zip file cant be corrupt. They work on my works comp so i dunno. Any ways i will try that program. Thanks!

Are you using a downloading program? I get that error sometimes when I download an archive with DL accelerator. I don't think using a new program will help you if you have a corrupt archive file.

That is true. But WinRAR will at least let him know that it is a file corruption and not just a application corruption. ;)

whats a archive file. And yes i am using a d/l program but i tried it with the program and withought the program. But why would it work on my works comp. but not my computer at home?

doctornads said:
whats a archive file. And yes i am using a d/l program but i tried it with the program and withought the program. But why would it work on my works comp. but not my computer at home?
An archive file is any zip, rar, ace, 7zip etc file. Basically it's a file that contains many other files and "archives" them. They can also just have one file in them for compression purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom