Motherboard support AGP + Pci-e?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Is there any motherboards out there that support both AGP and Pci-e? The reason im asking this is because I am going to upgrade my system but don't have the cash to fork out for a new graphics card, motherboard, cpu all at once, since im still running on the old school AGP system. Therefore to buy decent quality I was thinking of buying the motherboard and CPU in one hit and then about a month to 3 weeks later buying a gfx card, ie ATI 1900XT or something.

However if I wasn't going to do this I would be buying a budget card like a 7600GT and wouldn't last very long with the current updating of games etc.

I would prefer a well known brand such as Gigabyte, Asus etc, but if a no name brand is all that's out there then so be it. After all as long as it supports dual channel ddr, pci-e, agp, sata hdd, firewire and all the usual bits and pieces it will serve my needs. In my opinion the motherboard doesn't add that much to the gaming experience, rather just what runs off it.

That was my problem, i needed the agp still but wanted pci-e for later, so i got the ASRock Dual-Sata2 mobo, works great and is not expensive

Yeah I was after an AM2 socket, Well actually to tell you the truth I haven't decided yet... Hmm yeah Asrock sounds good... thanks for the help!

What I dont understand is how some of those ASrock motherboard let you use either DDR2 or regular DDR with a conroe.

How the **** does that work? :confused:

My board supports agp 8x, pci-e, socket 939, am2 and ddr2 memory,

With this add-on i can do am2 processors aswell as ddr2 memory ($40.00can)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom