Desktop Resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

code28

Baseband Member
I just purchased a new 19" LCD flat panel monitor and have an ATi Radeon x800 PCI-E graphics card; from what I can tell, my display settings for Windows are maxed out at 1280 x 1024, but my taskbar and icons still look huge to me..

check out this screen: http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3772/desk1ou7.jpg

Is there any way for me to further shrink my resolution down so I have more screen space, smaller icons, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Thats the normal size for the taskbar and icons. U can change the spacing of the icons somewhere in the desktop properties. Also, if you use the windows classic theme or whatever, the taskbar will be a little smaller, as it isnt so bubly.

Here is a screenshot of my desktop running win2k, using large desktop icons. Same resolution as you.

That is the normal size. To have the Startbar Hide right click on it and go to properties. From there Check the box that says Auto Hide the Task Bar. Then you just have to scroll the mouse down to get it to pop back up.

yh also you can right click on desktop and change various things in that popup menu

Makaveli213 said:
That is the normal size. To have the Startbar Hide right click on it and go to properties. From there Check the box that says Auto Hide the Task Bar. Then you just have to scroll the mouse down to get it to pop back up.
agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom