Baseband Member
well here is what i am currently using

512mb (256x2) corsair ram

radeon 9600xt video card

amd athlon xp 2200+ cpu

seagate 80 gb hdrive (ide)

asus a7n8x mobo

windows xp

i have about $150 to spend for a new upgrade on this comp.I dont know what to buy though that would increase the performance in my comp the most. I am talking about performance in games

that is what i was thinking of buying.how much do u think it will help me in games?right now my average fps in unreal tournament 2004 is about 55, how much would it bring my fps up to upgrade from my 2200 to the 3000? and also will my mobo support the 3000?

triXsta said:
that is what i was thinking of buying.how much do u think it will help me in games?

Youll notice it as far as speed, but not like an "oh man" notice... more of a "yea, I see it" notice.

right now my average fps in unreal tournament 2004 is about 55, how much would it bring my fps up to upgrade from my 2200 to the 3000?

Not a whole lot. But there have been stuies that the brain cant even recognize frames per second past around 60 or so. Honestly, if youre getting 55fps... you dont have much to worry about.

and also will my mobo support the 3000?

Yes.

Also- make sre youre running that ram in dual channel.

haha i had one of the memory sticks in the single slot so it was reading dual channel but i got it all working now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom