Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at 1.5v, but how far should I loosen the timings? There are so many other settings that I don't know about... :-S

Right now at 3.4 it's (well, CPU-Z says) 3-5-5-12

3-5-5-12..

Ok well its all a matter of guess and check.

You could give 5-5-5-15 A shot or even 5-6-6-15 but Im not sure if that will help. Becuase loosting timings gives more stability wich im sure you know :)

Do you know the max speed of your ram? Try going to XS and searching for your ram and the OC database and you can get an idea of how fast it can run.

Becuase if you cant even boot into windows then somthing is obviously doing somthing wrong.

Also Id try too find the max of your CPU.

Your obviously going to be held back in terms of cooling becuase your dont have LN2 or watercooling, but Im sure your CPU can do 4 GHz with a aftermarket cooler. Just watch the tempetures.

I need to figure out wtf I'm doing before I start messing with ram timings again. So I'll post back in a day or so with the results.

I ordered some new cooling stuff, so I'll probably wait until then to mess with it. I think it will show up tomorrow or the day after.

man that makes me happy. i'm currently putting together a C2D build for a friend nearly identical to my current one (in sig) so i might just ask him if he wants mine because he won't OC and i would.

I'm almost positive he'd go for it too cuz he's not as nerdy as me lol. he's just starting to realize how much better PC gaming is so he doesn't really care about having something really highend.

sorry for being sarcastic
i was in a bad mood last night (excuses excuses i no)
anyways thats still apretty good OC and i'd be very very very very very (did i mention very) happy with that
im hopeless
at the moment my best OC is 100MHz (ROFL)

The General said:
I need to figure out wtf I'm doing before I start messing with ram timings again. So I'll post back in a day or so with the results.

I ordered some new cooling stuff, so I'll probably wait until then to mess with it. I think it will show up tomorrow or the day after.
A few tips:

What BIOS are you using? Early BIOS (F1/F2) reported/set cas 3 even though it shouldn't be. If you haven't already, flash to F4.

If cas 3 is actually set, change it to 4 or 5 depending on your sticks, cas 3 is too low for any decent OC and DDR2.

See what you can get with an 8x multi. If you running in the 3.2 -3.4 range, it would be beneficial running 400-425 x 8 1:1 over 350 to 375 FSB if your board/RAM can do it.

When you manually set the timings, I recommend just setting the first 4, leave the last 3 set to Auto. From top down they order from left to right in the context of : 4-4-4-12 for example. You might want to start with something like 5-5-5-15 until you get the clock you want and then try bringing them back down a bit and see if its still stable.

alright, here we go, 400x7 on my e6300, thats 2.8GHZ.

Everything is stock voltage too!

20 seconds super pi!

overclock.jpg

priming right now for stability, but here I am posting on the forums and running super pi on the very computer. I love this computer!

RockyZ said:
alright, here we go, 400x7 on my e6300, thats 2.8GHZ.

Everything is stock voltage too!

20 seconds super pi!

overclock.jpg

priming right now for stability, but here I am posting on the forums and running super pi on the very computer. I love this computer!
Right on, nice OC :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom